Tuesday, August 12, 2014

XML Clob data type 'Value Error' while creating Materialized views

Today I have faced an issue like after creating materialized view we got <Value Error> for XML Clob data types.

I tried in many ways finally I get to know that its a bug in 11.2.0.3. while creating XML clob data type column in MView use the "xmltype.getclobval(COLUMN)" syntax.

Then I have dropped and recreted the materialized view with xmltype.getclobval option.

Followed below process:

DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW EMP.CHECKLISTMASTER;
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW EMP.CHECKLISTMASTER
REFRESH force on demand
AS
SELECT labsubdepartmentid,
processid,
checklistid,
xmltype.getclobval(checklistdetails),
status,
createddate,
createdby,
reasonforupdate,
updateddate,
updatedby,
showinreport,
checklistcode,
checklistname,
approvedby,
approved,
approvalremarks FROM EMP.CHECKLISTMASTER@DBLINK where rownum > 0;

Hope this will help you... :)

Best Regards,

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, its a bug in 11.2.0.3, while creating XML clob data type column in MView. Its taken so much time to me to fix this issue. I am very happy its helped you to fix your problem :)

    ReplyDelete

Some Most Popular Articles